Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rome and Paris

Rome was really cool, we saw the Colosseum, the Forum, the Palatine Hill, the Vatican City and Museums, the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain (from La Dolce Vita), I promise pics this weekend because we have internet in Paris! Yay!

Arrived in Paris this morning (it's 7pm right now to me), it's great and crazy and the metro system is the best we've encountered so far. I did get us lost and we wasted a lot of time looking for our hotel, and then we went to the Cemitre Pere-Lachaise, and now are probably going to call it a day out of exhaustion. Things close up pretty early here anyway. We saw some amazing tombs at the cemetery: Marcel Proust, Jim Morrison, Oscar Wilde and a lot more.

Whirlwind! Tomorrow we're definitely going to the Louvre, and beyond that I'm not 100%, either the Eiffel Tower or the Arc di Triomphe and Champs-Elysees.

1 comment:

  1. Now you're getting all in my academic studies. Two things: 1. if you can see the Musee d'Orsay but not the Louvre, go to the Musee d'Orsay instead. That's the word I have from everyone who's been to both, and the advice of my history professor. Obvs try to go to both, but -- Musee d'Orsay. 2. Arc de Triomphe. Leave di in Italian, you nut.

    ReplyDelete